mr. coral? Think twice

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by reefmonkey, Dec 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

i want to see a really good hires full screen pic of you frags. you have some cool stuff in the back i cant see!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'm not sure why you can't call the bank and say they fraudalentally(? butchered that word) charged you! My bank will open up a dispute for free! Anyways, this thread will surely not help there business! This was meant as a free bump! Can't believe he hung up on you! At least with altctriiters.com they show you the actual size!

"Tis but a flesh wound!" happyreefing in the future! At least your fam loved ya enough to try! Ya got that out of this situation! silver lining bro!

4. Cjiggajess

Cjiggajess Bristle Worm

I WISH i would of read this before i placed an order threw this site! $200 later im missing 3 corals, 3 polys and 1 acan are the wrong types and the rest are NOTHING like there picture. The only reason i placed an order was because of the fact it was WYSIWYG. Its not right he gets away with this crap! Im sorry :( Have u filed a report with the BBB? I just went on and found he has an F. I will def be placing a complaint!! I hope u do too!

Also I paid with PayPal so im filing a complaint so ill let u know if they can help an any way! Prob not! Ur poor daughter :(

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Just FYI, i found out the hard way, if ya file a paypal complaint, do not let him talk ya into dropping it, once dropped you can't add it back for any reason!

6. Cjiggajess

Cjiggajess Bristle Worm

Thanks I will def remember that!!!!!!!

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Because it wasn't a fraudulent charge, she meant to use the card to pay for the goods. Telling the bank other wise would be lying and then she'd be no better than Sonny. I brought my kids up to always take the high road.

I just figure to never do business with them again. 10 of the frags lived and are growing so even though they aren't what I wanted I will have something to show. Most of them aren't half bad looking either. The Efflo is getting some color back and looks to be of the yellow variety. The interesting thing will be to see if it's actually an efflorescence. LOL

To further update: The rainbow monti is actually what it's supposed to be and has doubled in size. It's getting the yellow and red/rust colored polyps now and looks amazing.
    The purple haze is 3x as big and doing well.
    The sun coral has gone from 2 heads to 3.
    The purple heart zoa's are not even close. They are some ugly army green things. lol
    One acro is pretty unique. Deep blue flesh w/ fuzzy brown polyps.
    An Enchinata (I believe) that started out green but has morphed yellow under the LED.
    The MC Bonsai is purple w/ green polyps but I'm betting it's actually a tri-color . Won't know until it grows out a bit.
    The other two milles are encrusting. One actually looks good enough to put out front, the other is kind of bluish w/ black polyps, ugly so I put it on the back side of the rocks.

BTW Cosmo, It was Elaine not Kramer that overused the exclamation points. ;D

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol!!! Po!nt taken!!!!!!!;)

isn't it fraud to misrepresent something, or promise to deliver X and then deliver Y?

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Naw I never filed a complaint with the BBC. Just hit all the forums I could with the same type of thread. All except RC. Immaskeerd to post anything negative on that site. LOL (long story, i'm on my second user account there)
    But Cosmo is right about the paypal thing. Once you start it finish it. You'll win, they always seem to side w/ the buyer.

11. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Here's my experience with Mr.Coral. $130 worth of $10 frags. Within 24hrs 2 acros RTN. 72hrs later 3 acans totally melted gone. I called and emailed pics. Said as for the RTN, oh well. The acans they gave me $20 credit. Like I'm gonna order again? NOT! Today out of 11 corals and 2 maxi mini nems, the only thing I have left of that order are the nems. This was 8 months ago.

I truly believe that all those frag were just to freshly cut to survive. I've since learned about giving corals time to heal. Something Mr.Coral DOES NOT DO!

I hate this but in all fairness I must add....$10 frags Yahooo!! Did I really expect to get more then what I paid for? I got exactly what I paid for :(

12. Cjiggajess

Cjiggajess Bristle Worm

Thats so true. I wish I would of saw ur thread first, ur helping a bunch of peeps. I opened the case and minutes later we agreed a refund of half was fair. So i got my refund now i just have to wait for it to show on my card. Thank gosh for paypal. Im glad to hear some are doing well!