Moving Rocks

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by cannedmulder, Jul 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jptrson

jptrson Feather Duster

Look whos talking:laughing0

2. Click Here!

3. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

lmao , arint we all ?

4. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

as a new reefer myself i can understand the dillema.

looking at your tank i definatley would not move any rocks for the sake of being able to "see". and yeah you can burry your diamond goby. i did mine once when shifting rock work. had to suck up sand with a turkey baster to free him from his grave.(he is ok still live).

how bout ADDING rock to your system. youll have to add slowly. try for some tonga branch rock creates little crevices while not completly blocking water flow.

good luck!

5. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I asked about adding rock but I was told by "a cat with a rubix cube" that I have enough rock and I shouldn't get anymore. The branches would be cool though. I am liking the look of those. I may have to ask my LFS (wink, Wink:wiseguy:) if they have any? Thanks for the idea.

From the kid!:kid:

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

lol john and christy. I'm just thinking that adding rock would restrict water flow and decrease water volume in the system, both bad things. A little tonga branch would be pretty cool tho

7. cannedmulder

Well I moved the rock.......I couldn't help myself but now the front of the tank is so much more open. It will take some getting used to because I knew where to look for everyone before. Now everyone will have to find a new spot. I like it better though!

8. Click Here!

9. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Its your tank right! I assume all your critters survived the move. Are those Cardinals up where you can see them now?

10. cannedmulder

Everyone is happy. Everyone survived! I took specail care about my goby and he is doing great too!!

11. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    i moved my rock three times before i found something appealing to look at and functional, don't feel bad if you find yourself wanting to change it again either.

12. cannedmulder

Thank you that makes me feel a little better. Everyone is still doing great. I keep thinking I should epoxy the rock but what if I want to move it again. But so far like I said everyone is happy! :)