Moving Question, Need Help!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Jtaylor393, Nov 7, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jtaylor393

Jtaylor393 Plankton

Hello everybody, I have a 2 part question. First off let me tell you what I have. 75g FO with canister filter rated for 100g, reef octopus hob protein skimmer, wave maker. As for fish I have 1 yellow tang (3") 1 flame angle (2") 1 watchmen goby (1") 1 engineer goby (2.5") 1 hermit crab (1") and lots of snails. Of so for questions.

1. I am moving from Virginia to South Carolina which is about 7 hours away or about 10-11 hours out of tank for my fish! What would be best way to move them (thank Goodness no corals or live rock)?

2. This is a bit more important! Where we are moving my house is not ready yet (even though it is supposed to be) and we already have started moving process! Now! The house will not be ready for about 1.5 months. We will be staying with family during this time and I really don't want to go through the process of setting up my 75g just to have to take it down again. Plus family member does not have room for it. (It is the 6 foot long 75g) so my question is do you think everything would be ok in 20g with same canister and protein skimmer for 1.5-2 months or would it be best to (and I would hate this cause I love my fish) take them to a lfs here and just get new ones when I am ready to set up fish again? I just want to do what is best for them!