Most rare SPS coral????

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by aquariaman, Aug 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

garf purple bonsai probably 90-100 for small frag.

2. Click Here!

3. Mainstream Aqua

Mainstream Aqua 3reef Sponsor

Yeah, the ORA Hawkins is nice but they are found through trade. ORA's name alone will hold a high demand for the coral but IMO a true blue acropora echinata looks a little bit better. This is one that I am talking about.

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Acropora echinata

4. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Holy Crap, did you see that price...... i am not made of money but do you know where i can get a frag of one of these? I think i am definetly heading in the right direction. I can already tell i can make some chuck change off this baby!!

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

It costs money to get the starter colonies lol.
    gotta spend money to make money;)

6. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

haha! I guess so! My parents are gona love this one!! How would you frag this? Would i take each single branch and frag or what?

7. Mainstream Aqua

Mainstream Aqua 3reef Sponsor

Yeah, species wise, I don't think there is a better one to go with than the echinata. Keep in mind that they are not easy to keep and need great parameters.

Honestly, I have the intentions of providing education and I don't want to sound like I am taking advantage of a chance to push one of my corals. I do have a grow out colony in my system. Usually, I tend to have $30 frags available. Keep in mind that buying a particular coral to frag and make a profit is a slow way to do it. Its kind of like filling a pool with rain water. While it is growing in your system, it is also growing in other systems as well. Supply and Demand balances out.

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Tyree corals cost over $100.00 each for the most part, but the money that can be made once you grow out these corals can more than cover that price. With many of his corals there is a waiting list and it may be up to 10 years wait as often it is a once a month distribution. Check out some of his corals though!
    Welcome to The Frag Guys, coral, Coral, rare coral, limited edition, limited edition coral, jomars, Jo-Mar's, fish, saltwater, saltwater fish, thefragguys.com, fragguys, frag guys, the frag guys, zoanthids, zoas, rare zoas, ppe, PPE, purple people ea
    some of his corals...

10. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

really!? i got my verry small frag (1/2") of garf from a friend for 25 :eek:

But i will add this... be careful with what you pick because if your acro isnt happy in your tank then you wont have good color and it may even die. also, some grow faster than others so keep that in mind.

Lastly, I have a few old school pieces (20+ years) that catch a pretty good chunk because they just arent around anymore.

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

If they can be traced back to garf, some people will pay big bucks for it. I think they view it as owning a piece of history in this hobby.

12. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I love the ORA Bird of Paradise coral, amazing coloration. It's not the most expensive SPS but they sell like hot cakes.