More EcoTech Radion Pics

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I got it with the red. But what exactly is the green for? Does it just round-out the spectrum so it doesn't look too purple?

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It just rounds it out in general, and makes nearly full spectrum out of light emitters that are by nature the opposite. I don't think they nailed it by any means, but it's a modular design, and now that the first attempt at making full spectrum with LEDs is out of the way, we may be seeing more LED lit tanks in the near future.

The more I think about the Radion, the more it really amazes me. We all expected ground breaking from EcoTech, and on paper, it doesn't look that different from other controllable fixtures. It's the spectrum that they are trying to reproduce that is really amazing. RGB is here to stay IMO.

4. Mad Hatter Reef

Mad Hatter Reef Plankton

i saw what these lights can do and I'll tell you what I'm in love.

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Let's see how it all pans out with current Patent issues re: RGB. Hopefully the Orbitech patent is found to be over reaching ;)

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I believe someone requested a FTS under the Radion X30w, so here it is. EchoTech Marine Provided this image and a few others, of their tank at MACNA 2011.

[​IMG]

More images, in the link below.

EcoTech Marine's Photos - MACNA 2011 | Facebook

7. Bluestag

Bluestag Fire Worm

I think SFILIGOI is the first one came out with the design RGB LEDs long time ago. They all follow SFILIGOI's technology!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011