More EcoTech Radion Pics

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The coolest thing going in aquariums is LED lighting and EcoTech's new Radion XR30w LED aquarium lamp has the cool factor in spades. At just 3 pounds, the Radion has wireless synchronization with your Vortech pumps, battery backup capability and the feature I noted at MACNA was the fully adjustable light hues via sliders on your computer that can be programmed over a 24 hour cycle. The Radion stands out with percentage increments over hard-set presets on others fixtures. That said, "minimal color banding," 3 units over the display tank at $750 a piece and a par distribution that zeros out before 30 inches makes me wonder if we are there yet and why we are ignoring halides. I don't know. But the Radion is cool. No doubt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EcoTech Marine Introduces the Radion XR30w LED Light

September 1, 2011, Bethlehem PA – EcoTech Marine is proud to announce its latest product, the Radion XR30w LED light.

True to EcoTech Marine design standards, the functionality of Radion matches its sleek aesthetic. Created with the most discerning hobbyist in mind, the Radion includes top quality Cree and Osram LEDs and features fully adjustable color and intensity.

"The Radion represents what we believe will be the next step for aquarium lighting: a smarter, easier to use, and more energy efficient alternative to existing lighting products," said Tim Marks, president of EcoTech Marine. "Our hope is that our customers will enjoy the extensive thought and care put into the design of every feature, function, and the distinctive appearance of the Radion."

Radion was purpose-built to be upgradeable both through its modular driver and LED cluster design, modular optics, as well as its USB firmware.

"Our goal was to deliver a product with the ability to evolve and get better over time– and not become obsolete," said Marks. "As technology moves forward, the Radion will be upgraded with new functionality in addition to what it has right out of the box."

Radion is an innovative addition to the EcoTech Marine line of VorTech pumps and aquarium products. With advanced features packed into an efficient and stylish product, the Radion is an LED that looks every bit as good as it performs.

Radion will be available by the end of October through EcoTech Marine’s network of retail outlets around the country and will debut at the upcoming MACNA trade show in Des Moines, IA on September 9.

Product Specifications *
    Radion XR30w dimensions
    Length: 11.8 in (30m)
    Width: 7 in (18cm)
    Thickness: 1.5” (3.9cm)
    Power Consumption: ~130watts

Premium Features
    • 5-channel control of color and intensity, 6-channel capable
    • 8x Cree XP-G Cool White LEDs run at 5w each
    • 8x Cree XP-E Blue LEDs run at 3w each
    • 10x Cree XP-E Royal Blue LEDs run at 3w each
    • 4x Cree XP-E Green LEDs run at 3w each
    • 4x Osram Oslon SSL Hyper Red LEDs run at 3w each
    • RGB LED configuration allows infinite color possibilities
    • Integrates wirelessly with VorTech pumps and other Radion fixtures
    • USB Connectivity
    • Computer configurable advanced settings
    • Compatible with EcoTech Battery Backup

Radion Features
    • 34 Energy-efficient LEDs
    • Fully adjustable for intensity and color appeal
    • Output engineered for wide dispersion of light
    • Minimal color banding through optimized optics
    • Modular LED cluster, lens, and driver assemblies
    • Fully upgradeable with evolving software and firmware
    • Capacitive touch exterior controls
    • Revolutionary heat sink design allows the Radion to be sleek
    • Switching power supply for 110-220v operation
    • EcoSmart™ multi-light wireless functionality
    • Easy import and export of saved modes for online sharing
    • Extremely quiet fan operation
    • Real-time clock

Note: Basic hanging kit supplied with light. Premium hanging kit sold separately.

Usage Guidelines
    • One Radion fixture is comparable to one 250w metal halide
    • Generally, one Radion fixture should be used per 40 gallons (150L) of water volume
    • Approximate surface coverage is 24x24 inches (60x60cm)

Radion XR30w MSRP: $749

*All product specifications are subject to change.
    Foreign and domestic patents pending.

More:
    Radion | EcoTech Marine

2. Click Here!

3. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Any FTS shots to show how it looks blended through the water?

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Not exactly - just this:
    [​IMG]

5. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I like it, its a slick looking fixture. And I love the adjustable hue. What are the coverage specs though? I still think the most cost effective way to light a bigger tank is to do a DIY kit. Having to buy several units to light a 4 foot display tank just puts the initial cost too high IMO. And since going DIY gives you custom optic choices along with the ability to add more diodes to get better coverage, it just makes more sense. I understand that companies have to design fixtures for mass production, but selling one size fixture and making the customer buy multiple units to light their tank just makes led out of alot of hobbyists price range.

6. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

I definately agree with this. I like the thought of blending the colors but am not sure how much practical sense it will make though. I mean how much green and red would I actually want to add into my blend? That's why I was hoping for a fts. Can't wait for reef a palooka here in a month ish to see some of this new stuff in action!

7. pmrossetti1

pmrossetti1 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i like the fixtures.but how are we supposed to mount them?
    ecotechs like here, figure it out yourself. for a 5 or 6' tank 6 cables?
    what if you can't hang or don't want to.
    bugs me.

8. Click Here!

9. lynnmw1208

lynnmw1208 Skunk Shrimp

unfortunately way to expensive for my taste. I don't care if the LEDs are made of gold! I wouldn't pay that much money for that :( I would if it were say $400 a fixture.

10. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Sleek looking fixture! I see many fixtures putting red lights in there why is that?

11. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Sadly, they are not for me... Cool product but way too pricy in my opinion. and they dont give me the par of my Halides....

12. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Sunrise and sunset? Lol I have no clue. Maybe something to do with red making certain colors "pop" more.