MontiPora Frag

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Bruce, Nov 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

eep it dies? well it was a new frag and the broken part was dead so...lol does montipora encrust over it too?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Yes Monti's are Arcos.

If it's a small piece just ball up a small piece of Epoxy and work the ball into the rock. Then just stuff the frag into the ball.
    You are using Marine Aquarium epoxy right?

J

4. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

i just bought a birdsnest frag and does anybody know how u can tell if it likes the enviroment it's in. I have just had it for about 3 days. It now has like little fuzzy things on it. are those the polyps.

5. hottielover14

it came already attached to a plug and i just put the whole thing in my tank.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

[quote author=hottielover14 link=board=Coral;num=1101530558;start=0#12 date=12/01/04 at 14:44:32]i just bought a birdsnest frag and does anybody know how u can tell if it likes the enviroment it's in. I have just had it for about 3 days. It now has like little fuzzy things on it. are those the polyps.[/quote]
    If the coral is "happy", it will extend its polyps but w/o a picture, I can't tell you if what you're seeing it its polyps. I'm assuming you have a pink or green birdsnest? If so, the polyps should be the same color as the coral. What do the "polyps" look like?

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

yup, idk the name (tag gone) but it is the green with the white inside? lol...

[quote author=Jason McKenzie link=board=Coral;num=1101530558;start=0#11 date=11/30/04 at 18:54:24]Yes Monti's are Arcos.

If it's a small piece just ball up a small piece of Epoxy and work the ball into the rock.  Then just stuff the frag into the ball.
    You are using Marine Aquarium epoxy right?

J[/quote]

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Ya thats the stuff. You kneed it together and go to town. It usually takes me some swearing and about 3 tries before it stays.

They have cool purple stuff from 3 fishes now so it looks more like coraline.

J

10. hottielover14

there pink and they are like little pink kind of fuzzy things, like yellow polyps but smaller and pink.

11. hottielover14

i know that a coral can turn brown from lack of light but can it turn brown from too much light.

12. hottielover14

how long should i keep my lights on for sps corals.