Montipora changing color

Discussion in 'Coral' started by MyBoyGus, Sep 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

So it sounds like it is time to add a phosphate reactor? Or a GFO. Both? Haven't yet done much research on either.

I currently use Magnavore Pura Filtration Pad. I cut a piece the width and height of my sump, and slide it between the first two baffles. Good idea? Waste of money?

Thank you to all for your input. 3reef is the best!

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

You put GFO into a phosphate reactor. GFO (granulated ferric oxide) is a phosphate absorbing media. It needs to be tumbled in a reactor or it'll turn into a brick.

4. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

check out bulk reef supply. They have some youtube videos that explain a ton about GFO reactors and how they work etc. I think I got a whole setup for under 100$ if I remember correctly.

5. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

Came home and algae has grown exponentially! I just went to Bulk Reef Supply and ordered a Dual BRS GFO/Carbon Reactor, pump and media.

There goes my coral money. :(

I hope it helps.

6. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

Received my new Dual BRS Phosphate/Carbon Reactor yesterday. Now my stand is officially PACKED! I hope I don't need anything else. There is nowhere to put it.

Now let's see if it makes a difference.

:uzi:ALGAE