montipora/Acropors pollyp extension

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by reefnut1, Jun 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Do you run a ground probe in the tank?

2. Click Here!

3. reefnut1

reefnut1 Spaghetti Worm

I bought some in December and a new supply a couple of weeks. This has been going on for a couple of months now.

4. reefnut1

reefnut1 Spaghetti Worm

NO I dont run a ground probe. Do you think that could cause it?

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

stray voltage could do it. it could also be cause by chemical warfare from any softies you may have. any leathers in the tank?? Anemones??

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

i just looked at your pictures. those are some nice corals. what's the problem??? I see PE with those. One thing you could try is feeding the coral during the day. I use "Rod'sFood" it's expensive but my whole reef (both of them) loves it.

7. reefnut1

reefnut1 Spaghetti Worm

Daniel Thanks for the compliment but I only have one picture posted of the montipora digita it shows no extension ever but it is growing (slowly). My other montiporas are doing the same thing except a superman mp that I have. I will try to post more pictures as time permits. I am new to this website.

I do have a very large GBTA in this tank about 15 inches when extended all of the way. I do not have any leathers but I do have a few mushrooms and zoas. I have been slowly moving these to my other tanks as I get more and more SPS.

I will get a ground probe, it can only help.

I run carbon that I change every 2 weeks.