Monti Problem

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Frizza, Apr 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

Most epoxies will damage corals any way from the intense heat it generates when mixed.

I'm looking into attaching this one one shortly to the glass' me thinks.
    [​IMG]
    ALso have some deep orange ( quite a large piece ) monti figuring out what to do whith it as well.

2. Click Here!

3. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Um, frag it and send me some...

Kidding, although it would look cool growing up the back glass!

4. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

Montis will recover fast. My digata did that "sluffing" of the tissue like that. Fraged it, and sttached them to plugs with a coral epoxy. Make sure it says for coral. I have found that super glue gel works the best IMO. There difference in what happens to my other monti cap, it gets bare spots from time to time, is it grows back and doesn't look like sluffing. Not saying its good, but comes back with in a few days. That will not grow over that, if ever. ITs dead. Frag for sure. Use super glue gel. If there is anything I have learned about SPS and polyp disease, CUT IT OFF. Dying tissue can cause more problems and before you know it the whole thing will be like that. Don't know what it s, fungus, bacteria, parasite, or what? It is very hard to save coral when it starts to get sick like that. Even with good water and lighting. Those infections are stubborn. I have tried everything. The only thing that completly stops the spread is fraging, a good distance away from the problem. If you have another tank, you can try and say the frag left with the problem. But don't leave it in your main tank.

1 person likes this.
  5. Frizza

Frizza Coral Banded Shrimp

It is definitely lesson learnt, I used super glue with the pieces that looked ok. Only one made it but it was still around the same size as the original frag I bought. The epoxy done the damage in a matter of hours rather than days, strong stuff! I have since glued some acro's and they are doing well. Cheers for the advice everyone :)

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I super glue them all the time just snap off a piece and lay it underside down into a puddle of S/Glue and thats it.. Never lost any of the last 200 or so I personally glued to plugs. Caps and Digitas either or.