Monti Plates Bleaching...5 kinds!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Nor_Cal_Guy, Feb 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Ohhhhh snap.

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

haha well im not one to talk! My dad got MEN and then I had a run in with AEFW before I learned my lesson :/

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

What I learned from RB is dip everything in intereceptor for 20 or so min. FW are had to see but you can see them, nudis are sneeky little buggers but usually come off in the dip. Seeing as I no longer have a QT, I am stuck with visual and dipping now and being very picky about what goes into the tank. Now watch me get MEN.:angry:

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

despite me dipping and throughly inspecting everything, I still got the AEFW... Most of the time they come along as eggs, not adults. Even though their eggs are orange, they can be hidden pretty dang well!

In fact, I had a piece from my last swap that had some eggs on it and if I wouldnt have qt'ed it I would be pulling my hair out right now!

6. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

The only new addition I have had in the last few months was a Maxima clam that my shrimp picked on withing 8 hours of introduction....I removed the clam and it dies at the LFS within days. I'm hoping it isn't MEN but I do have some coral RX I can try I suppose.

7. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

Come to think of it, as someone mentioned, if I had MEN then I would have small blotches of problems...maybe it was the heat?