Mobile Mushrooms!? Plz help

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Speedy, Oct 30, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

my purple shrooms did that a couple times also

2. Click Here!

3. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Of all the ideas presented in this thread. I felt uncomfortable with most of them, since I am a strict believer in keeping the aquarium environment an as natural as possible (sorry, it's a personal thing). The only idea I felt ok with was the bridal veil one. However once acquiring the veil, I found no convenient way to position it. So I blew the idea out the window. I said "Forget this. Survival of the fittest. If it wants to stick it will." I lowered the drip on my filter to almost nothing to reduce the current in the tank, and did nothing else.

Just this weekend, BAMM!!!!, I wake up in the morning to find a nice big red mushroom stuck on the most perfect spot on the rock.

Thank you to all of you that helped me figure this out, and to all you guys that replied to this post. You've all helped me out alot in this and I can't explain how much your help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Glad everything worked out! Yup, they ain't motile for nothin'! Nature knows best, eh?

5. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

An update on the Shroom, or should I say SHROOMS.  ;D Yep. The big red mushroom became mobile again. I kinda freaked out and thought great here we go again. The following day he was stuck to another part of the rock and to my surprise she left behind a tiny red shroom. :D

6. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

ive got a piece of rock with several shrooms on it but recently one of them looks sick
    like its tearing its self apart.is this the end of this little feller?:(

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Nope NUGIO it sounds like it is splitting into 2 mushrooms.

8. Click Here!

9. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

today it looks almost like 2 indivdual s'rooms still barely attached. but the others close by are kinda shrivled im guessing due to chem released by the one thats splitting. few others up current look fine

10. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Probably not. Make sure that your water levels are safe. And that lighting is appropriate. Mine went through an ugly stage of a couple of days, then settled. And now look it's got a friend. ;D

11. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Yeah I thought mine were dyin' too now I have a xenia doing kinda the same thing it looks bad but I can already see where it has attached itself in another spot so now it's connected to the rock in two spots and I'm willing to bet that it will become to seperate animals! ;D

12. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

ive taken notice that corals seem to have a few days here and there where they look ugly or shriveld up but afterwards they do look bigger or prettier then before