Resolved Missing Anemone Please Help

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by LarryS, Nov 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

taking it slow is always good advice. your tank is likely to go through several ups and downs over the next year (maybe more) before you get it stable. anemones are not always the most hardy of creatures to weather these changes even bulb tips.

2. Click Here!

3. LarryS

LarryS Bristle Worm

I'm hating that I was steered to an anemone....especially at this stage...but specifically because I was 'sold' on having it as a solution for an unhappy clown! And, from a guy who is one of the more reliable sources at the largest LFS in my area.

I'm really very angry. This hobby is challenging enough (and not in a bad way) to not have to worry so much...and I mean obsessively so ..about where advice comes from. Really, they just chase people from the hobby, make it more difficult than it is, and destroy their reputations.

It really has me to the point where I may only buy from other hobbyists and some of the online sellers offering guarantees on their livestock....of course, that does nothing for the quality or reliability of their advice... :(

Sorry for the rant but I am angry. :angry: Until now, my planning, research, and build have been very deliberate and very well done. That's not bragging. It's true. I think you can tell from my posts that I do not take things lightly.

I really need to give serious thought to finding this guy a better home. Not sure from what I'm learning that he fits my tank profile at all.

4. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

I would say if you want him in there, you can try it. I got an impulse anemone looked almost just like yours when I first started in the hobby about 2 months after I started my tank. My clownfish (occys a black and white and a "Nemo" ) never found it in my old tank and it was always hiding under a rock. When I got my big tank back in March I moved everything over after a few weeks and that anemone stayed angry until I gave it to a friend. Within a week of being in his tank and being hosted aggressively by his skunk clowns it was bubbled up and happy. So now my tank is 8 months old and I am trying again (this time with a rose bubble tip). So far so good, it looks super healthy BUT my clowns haven't found it. My advice would be if you wanted a fowlr that's what you should start out with. I am sure you can find a home for the little guy. Maybe in 6 months if you want stuff other then fish then you can look into another, or perhaps something completely different. Torch coral and frog spawn are just as likely to host clownfish. And they stay glued where you put them :)
    Hope this is helpful. I'm gonna look for a picture of that little nem of mine I swear it looks just like yours!
    Heidi

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Now your going to run into another problem. Getting the nem out. Quit the endeavor!

6. LarryS

LarryS Bristle Worm

Oh, that helps! lol

7. LarryS

LarryS Bristle Worm

Oh, I like this: "Torch coral and frog spawn are just as likely to host clownfish. And they stay glued where you put them :)
    Hope this is helpful." That's probably much more my speed. Something that won't walk away when my back is turned! ;)

Actually, I posted this on craigslist earlier Bubble Anemone Green Clown Fish and got in touch with an interested buyer whom I've offloaded other mistakes....:) He's quite happy with a deal he got on a nearly new mag 7...I couldn't live with the vibration, but keep another for mixing and pumping water here and there. Anyway, if I cannot find a home for him by the weekend, then I will place him for adoption with a different LFS which takes adoptions of such things including 4 legged critters.

I think the nem is pretty.... and an interesting addition, but he's not in my profile for caretaking management at the moment. And, the Little Nemo, well he'll fit in or will also be in a different caring home.

Really appreciate your post Heidi. Thank you!

8. Click Here!

9. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

[​IMG]

BAM! Just had to show you that guy. Yeah we all do it. He was a 25$ impulse buy from a petco that I went to just to buy my clowns some more food... Next time I go over to the guy who has hims house I should get a picture of how glorious he looks in the "right" home :)

So glad I could be of help!

Heidi

10. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

11. LarryS

LarryS Bristle Worm

And, of course you were spot on. I'll post an update with photos, tomorrow. He's perched in a perfect show stopping spot...for now...;D Would be nice if the store had at least supplied some husbandry advice and what to expect, instead of railing about what's said on the forums. Arrgh!::)

12. LarryS

LarryS Bristle Worm

I think he's related to mine. :) Would love to see of he turned out. They are the same nem type. Green bubble, I'm told.