Mini Fuge for BioCube DIY Thread w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Biocube, Jan 31, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Thanks! I like the JBJ a lot! I'll be selling it soon because my Apex and compete the same task with less space.

2. Click Here!

3. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

well i need one so sell it to me!

pretty sure my RKL can do it too but not sure how, i'd rather buy the JBJ- i leave town in a month, think you can sell it before then?!

:D

shipping to 28801

4. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Ha I'll keep you in mind, I don't think I'll be ready in a month. I need to buy all the float sensors and water leak sensors before im ready to sell. I'll keep you posted.

5. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Hey dude few questions for ya while I'm at work...
    How is the mp10 workin for ya? Does it have a pulse mode and doe it actually rock the wter back and forth like a true wavemaker?
    Soo tired of dealing with powerheads, in a small tank its less forgiving if you get too large a PH or not enough. I've used koralia, jbj oceanstreams, the biocube version, and a maxijet but either they re too much or not enough. My oceanstrems were great until one of the ph went down, took it out to clean the propeller and the shaft connectng the ph to the magnets broke, so I need to find proof of purchse to get that fixed.

If the mp10 will work the magic I hope it will I'll order one tonight. If it doesn't do the thngs I'd like then no sense wasting a few hundred.

Also I redid my scape and ended up lossing my pistol shrimp. My gf found him on the floor, so my goby is hiding and lonely :(

Got the skimmer attached much better but it still pulls went skim and doesn't surface skim so I need to make some adjustments. What I really need is a new cabinet for my tank to sit on that would give me a lot more room for wires a sump, bigger skimmer, and a display refuge.

So far the new 1" overflow is working well, didn't lose suction during the entire wc and rescape of tank.

Oh ya I also lost my 2 headed ora candy cane. I looked and looked and picked rocks up but its gone, buried in the sand somewhere I presume. Oh well, I really love the new scape design and will let it stay that way for the next year at least. Consistency is key I've learned. Last time I rescaped my tnk my 6line died from stress or smashing into the glss or omething, so since then I hvent moved any rocks untl two days ago lol but I relly like it. I'll post a pic or two when I get home

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Ash,
    I'll PM you later tonight. I don't want to hijack my thread.

7. louy99

louy99 Feather Duster

Nice build. I'm hoping to build a sump similar to this.

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

10. louy99

louy99 Feather Duster

Biocube,
    can you show how you have the return hose/pvc connected to return the water to the display?

11. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Hey, I used standard clear 5/8" tubing going from the return pump directly into the stock BC bulkhead.
    Here are some pics, hope they help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338177212.410635.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338177242.444272.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338177284.362076.jpg

12. louy99

louy99 Feather Duster

Thanks! That clears things up for me. I had a feeling you did that but had to see it for my self. I've got my 5.5g sump ready and I'm finishing up my piping.
    Thanks so much for you detailed threads.

I have a question, do get any kind of slurping noise from the overflow with the water entering?

-Luis