mikejrice's 30 Gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo Aquarium

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by mikejrice, Aug 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. granocompany

granocompany Astrea Snail

Hi Mike, you got one of the best nano tank, very good job! I like color and set up. In my nano I use aquaray reef blue and fijiblue led on the top of my glass lid and very happy with them but want to update kessil or radion. My tank is 90cm long and 30cm hight. I like two radion 15w pro on the top as outside look with my tank but never use them. Mike when you changed led to Kessil what difference is? Maybe better to me go with two Kessil, and is it no problems to run Kessil and Radion with low intensity because my tank is only 30 cm in hight, and how about fan noise ? i dont have any with Aquaray. Thanks. Mike

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

In my opinion, there really is no match for Kessil. If you look at it objectively, nearly all lights including everything from Chinese black boxes up to Radions are the same diodes from CREE in a different casing with different software packages. Kessil is the only company, to my knowledge, that developed the diode cluster from the ground up to grow coral and it most definitely shows. They are the closest anyone has come thus far to reproducing halide quality spectrum in an LED light.

Michael Rice
    Elite Reef, Denver Colorado

DSC reef likes this.
  4. mikejrice

Oh and I haven't ever noticed the fans on an A160 or A350 come on though they run pretty often on my AP700. They are pretty quiet though.

Michael Rice

5. granocompany

Thanks Mike. I really happy with my light, corals grow very well and nice colour just I need more green for some corals and macro algae. I try to get used to my new camera canon 70d and cant get what I see, may be light or my experience. Post more pictures, your tank is great!

mikejrice likes this.
  6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Your tank is an inspiration to all in reef keeping. Every time I read your new posts I rethink my option of led lighting. Me and my wife really like the new radion G4 but you have a point about the ground up design of the Kessel. Tank looks amazing as always mike, well done.

mikejrice likes this.
  7. mikejrice

Thank you! Radions are definitely awesome lights. I just think that what Kessil has done is really revolutionary and I'm amazed by the results.

Michael Rice

DSC reef likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. mikejrice

[​IMG]

Michael Rice

10. granocompany

Nice coral! How about Kessil A80, where we can by it?

mikejrice likes this.
  11. mikejrice

Haven't seen one of them around yet.

Michael Rice

12. mikejrice

I was just looking back through my pictures of this tank and found some neat progressions.

[​IMG]
    February to today

[​IMG]
    Ten months ago to today

Michael Rice