Might not be a disease, mantis mabye ?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Alex, Feb 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

I have one in my tank a brown coloured, tank had been running for 9 months and never seen one, thats why i put the clicking down to my light luminaire cooling down after i turned it off, its about 1 and half inch long so far, fast as lightning and looks very intelligent, just hope he stays that small, don't want to have to rip down the tank...

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I had one in a nano tank with a clownfish for years. It's a common misconception that smashing mantis will go after your fish. Why would you chase down a chicken (fish) when you've got a fridge full of eggs (hermits/snails). Bad metaphor but maybe it'll get my point across :)

4. Alex

Alex Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ahh yeah I certainly hope this one is a smasher. I hope to see him sometime soon. I am going to close the room in complete dark for about 7 hours. at 5:00 PM i'll go in and look to see if there is one in the tank. hopefully I see him. gotta be one in there.

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

It's highly unlikely that you've got a spearer because they tend to make burrows in the sandy areas of the reef, not in the rock itself.

6. connemark

connemark Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

if you can catch it I will buy it from you and pay for shipping. been looking for one for my 35g hex but didn't get one as a hitchiker