Middle Tennessee Frag Swap - APRIL 14th, NASHVILLE, TN

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pickupman66, Mar 23, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jaymostella

jaymostella Skunk Shrimp

Just curious who all is going from this site as I would like to maybe try and meet a couple members in person.

I will be the obvious newbie walking around with the froth running out of my mouth looking at all the pretty corals...

Just curious, do I bring anything beside maybe a couple coolers to bring corals home that I buy? Do I need to bring my own bags or etc???

2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

Just bring as many coolers as you can fit in your car. No bags are needed. :)

4. jaymostella

jaymostella Skunk Shrimp

Oh crap I am in trouble.. I am driving the pickup and fits WAAAAYYYYY tooooo many coolers......

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i am so ready for this event. Have a stash of money, a frag tank (QT) set up ready to go to put the new goodies in, and list of what i want.

Sad part about it, my local club has their frag swap on Sunday. I am not planning on going to that one, as i will probably not have any more money left for it!

I love that some of the bigger companies, ie pacific aquaculter, etc is going to be there also

The only thing i HATE about swaps are the way some people act there. I am a big girl and i was elbowed once in the ribs and pushed very hard on several occasions. Even kids get into it. I was pushed out one time by some BIG guy after i was waiting my turn for like 15min. Luckily the vendor saw that and helped me instead. The guy was HACKED Plus I hate the haggling that goes on. If the price says 50.00, dont be rude and offer 10. Especially in the beginning of the event. This is one of the only hobbies that I know that haggle so much. At the store I worked at, I would have people offer ridicoulous prices on corals and fish. They were insane if they thought i would give a 50% to 70% discount on something. I always want to ask if they do that at their local grocery store......hmmm i have this milk here and the price is 3.89. I know you overcharge for it so i will give you 2.00. REALLY?

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

+ 1........coolers and more coolers! Especially with the drive back. Corals do well if bagged properly, so it shouldnt be an issue.

I do bring my own bag so I can carry the corals with me in the event and not the cooler. I then go and put the pieces in the cooler in the car when it gets too heavy for me to carry. But i actually have a cooler bag just for these events!

I would love to meet up with people here that are going! It was cool at Macna meeting people. We wore our 3reef shirts there so people were picking us out easily

7. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

MTRC's local forum is not on here, but this is my home forum, and will always support 3reef. You will be able to find me at the door selling raffle tickets, taking money for new members etc. My name is Chris, and I look like Jesus. Can't miss me. :)

8. Click Here!

9. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

LMAO!!! Very true... I will be the guy on the microphone in the loud shirt this year. Holler at me!

I keep a cooler stashed at a friends table or somewhere at the event. i buy and then tuck the item into the cooler. Pacific east brings some SICK corals.
    [​IMG]

Last year's photos
    [​IMG]

2011 MTRC frag swap pictures by pickupman66 - Photobucket

10. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Dang, I really wish I could go. I would really like the chance to have some more of Jack's BBQ.

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

BUMP for people who haven't seen this previously.

I will be wearing my 3Reef T-Shirt so nab me if you see me walking by.

1 person likes this.
  12. jaymostella

jaymostella Skunk Shrimp

Gps showing McMurray dr no McMurry dr. Was there a typo or my gps not right