MH Lighting to Led Lighting

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by adam, Sep 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

but yer tank looks awesome considering it's sumpless!

2. Click Here!

3. Arringar

Arringar Plankton

I agree with anemone. When switching to LEDs my montipora was the first thing to suffer. You definitely need to turn it way down and adjust it toward the desired brightness very slowly. I made the same mistake and did not correct it quickly and it is now 6 months later... My montipora is only just starting to look normal again after I started adjusting the height of my fixture and gave it some recovery time.

4. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

I remember when I fragged my birds nest, it was towards the bottom of an LED lit tank , and I moved the frags to the top of an LED lit frag tank, definitely a mistake, it still needs to get its color back. Lesson to learn from that: star them dim, you probably still have time.

5. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

My Lighting is

TP1 10 am A 0% B 1%
    TP2 12pm A 0% B 25%
    TP3 13:00 A 42% B 47%
    TP4 17:00 A 42% B 47%
    TP5 18:00 A 0% B 25%
    TP6 20:00 A 0% B 1%

What do you guys think. The 4 hours in the middle is not very bright at all but I understand its more par even though not as bright.

6. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Blasting your corals for four hours, then not at all can harm them even more. Like I said before, turn it down to 20% or less, and run them 12 hours a day.