METAL HALIDE FIXTURE AND CANOPY

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by JOER0178, Apr 9, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

HI, I THINK THE BULBS IN MY PC LIGHT FIXTURE IS GIVING MY TANK A WHITE LOOK THAT I DONT THINK LOOKS GOOD. I BBELIEVE THIS BECAUSE WHEN THE LIGHT IS OFF THE WATER LOOKS CRYSTAL CLEAR. 1 QUESTION BEFORE I ASK A DIY QUESTION. FIRST I HAVE A CUSTOM SEALIFE PC FIXTURE 96x4WATTS. I HAVE TO CHECK WHAT BULBS CAME W/ IT I DONT KNOW IF THERE 6500K OR 10000K OR 20000K BUT THERE ARE 2 WHITE LIGHTS AND 2 BLUE LIGHTS. DO YOU THINK THIS WHITE EFFECT IS COMMON TO ALL PC FIXTURES OR DO YOU THINK IT IS DUE TO THE BULBS THAT IM USING, AND IF I CHANGE THEM IT WILL LOOK BETTER. IF IT IS THE PC LIGHTS IN GENERAL THEN I WAS THINKING OF UPGRADING TO A METAL HALIDE/VHO SYSTEM. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF GOOD DIY PLANS FOR MAKING A CANOPY TO HOLD THE FIXTURES AS WELL AS INSTALLING THE FIXTURES CORRECTLY. FINALLY I PAID A GOOD DEAL OF MONEY FOR THE PC FIXTURE AND WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME MONEY FOR THEM SO IT IS NOT A TOTAL WASTE. DOES ANYONE BUY USED EQUIPMENT SO I CAN UNLOAD THIS THING.

TIA
    JOE

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. JOER0178

I DONT WANT TO GET A CHILLER SO HOW HIGH SHOULD THE MH LIGHTS BE FROM THE WATER SURFACE SO I DONT HAVE BOILED CLARKII CLOWNFISH FOR DINNER

5. JOER0178

OH AND HOW ABOUT A WOOD CANOPY TO PUT THEM UNDER (LIKE THE CAP THAT OCEANIC SELLS), ANY GOOD DIY PLANS

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

7. JOER0178

GREAT LINKS THANKS MATT

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

10. JOER0178

going to get 2 175w retrofit kits w/ Icecap e-ballast, 2 10k bulbs, 2 spider reflectors.  i can get this for 530 dollars is that a good price. The 250w ballast are the same price but i think 692w might be a bit much i figure 542 is better for a 75gal tank.  i think i might just disassemble my pc fixture and use 2 of the endcaps the actinic bulbs the reflector and the ballast for this hood.  

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

joe do YOU HAVE A LINK TO THESE LIGHTS?

12. JOER0178

nope getting them from a guy who works out of his house but i can get you a link of them from a different retailer mh lights
    these are actually cheaper but i think i should get them from this guy because hes going to help me put it together. dont want to mess up and burn my house down LOL