messed up

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by jtr38230, Apr 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jtr38230

jtr38230 Skunk Shrimp

Well last night my wife turned of the fans to the tank and when we got home from work the tank was at 81ish I always keep it at 75ish now my fish are extremely stressed I had about 5 gallons of evaporation and my salt was sitting at 1.027 I try and maintain it at 1.024 is there any thing I can do to ease their stress? I've been adding rodi fresh to lower the salt little by little I was planing on doing a water change tonight but don't think I will now everything else seems in check other than my nitrates are alittle high due to me needing to do a water change they are sitting at 20 ppm any advise would be great. P.S. My emporer angel seems to be the most stresssed

2. Click Here!

3. dweakl01

dweakl01 Astrea Snail

To help the stress, turn all the lights off until the next day, don't feed or anything, just stay away from the tank, if possible.

Your nitrates are high but if you're worried about stressing your fish, I wouldn't do any water changes or anything until tomorrow. Your salinity and nitrates are going to kill anything overnight. Just let everything chill and do your water change to lower your nitrates tomorrow. Just make the new water a bit lower in salinity.