Melting...

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by civiccars2003, Jan 8, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Another good example is my Duncan's. I've owned them for as long as I can remember. Four months or so they shrunk to is tube like structure. Never died but never opened like the have in the past. No idea why. I can post an pic tomorrow as lights are out.

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

There are so many things about coral we don't understand. Not saying that every coral dying is some unknown cause, but in a system such as yours, it wouldn't surprise me if it was some unknown cause, like a disease or bacterial infection etc.

If this were my coral, i would separate it from the other acans, and frag the healthy pieces off.

chris adams likes this.
  4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

My thoughts exactly

Corailline likes this.
  5. civiccars2003

My Duncan. It's been moved to little flow and shaded area. image.jpg

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Any type of alk swing has resulted in my LPS to react negatively. I can tell by the way they look when things aren't right. Every tank is different but keep bringing the alk up and hopefully the acans pull through. That's a nice colony you have civic. My Duncan's actually prefer medium flow and high light, they like it under the halide. I agree with VA, corals are very interesting in which there reactions sometimes cannot be explained.

7. civiccars2003

I've been working on my numbers a bit lately. I'll get them there eventually.

Especially when colonies larger than my head are thriving and these two seem to have a change; not for the better.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

It's very frustrating. I've got a nice size ORA easter egg chalice growing great with other multiple chalice colonies that are also growing and full of color then I have one piece that suddenly starts dying off? Sometimes it just happens but it does tick me off.

Corailline likes this.
  10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Steve Wright, once told me Cheryl you're getting corals from all over the world and putting them all in the same box. It's a crap shoot, some will die or torture you and do the STN thing to you.

I try not to freak out and change things because one coral is doing sub par.

civiccars2003 and DSC reef like this.
  11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

That so looks like a neon green CC

12. civiccars2003

This is what it used to look like.
    image.jpg