maxspect razor..10k or 16k??

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by jmoney, Apr 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

+1 for that ; 8000K are your white shallow waters,natural light almost; for LPS and macro-Algae tank type aquariums the 10 000k are middle ground, so colors are electric, you can have almost everything in there LPS, SPS , some Macro-Algae the 16 000k almost exclusive SPS its deep blues so all colors are very blueish. Thats because the wave lenght of the lights are the same as the one penetrating in the ocean at those depth. It all depend wht you want to keep in your tank, if your not sure go for the 10 000K .This video says it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A49TGvLdDw&list=PLB7F72205071B7C10&index=37

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Oldreefer

Oldreefer Astrea Snail

I also chose the 16k and am very happy. If you are running the program that simulates natural light by hour I think that the blue accentuates colors better when the lights are running at a low percentage of total output.

4. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

This depends on the height of his tank, the Razors have a good par until 20" high if his tank is 20" and higher he can't run his lights at low percentage or he will not reach his recommended PAR for his corals. My tank is perfect for Razors it's only 19 " high after that it would of been Echo Radion my choice of lights, thus i chose a shallower tank to save on the lights output and money i'd ha'd have to spend on them. So the question is what's his tank height ? Drum Rolll:p