Maxi Mini "Accident"

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by CODEE111, Jun 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Try highlighting it with some blue LED, see if some fluorescent colors are coming back.

2. Click Here!

3. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

My blue lights are on every night however, he is in a position where the rock is blocking him from the rays. I did look for it a couple nights before bed but it was dark in the area I knew he should be.

I have a black light at work that I've been thinking about taking home for a couple of weeks now. Maybe I'll grab it tonight and try to catch the light through the front of the tank.

4. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Perhaps a flashlight with a blue filter?

5. CODEE111

I turned on the Actinics and used the magnifier and could observe a little piece that was in the light. It does look like it is starting to get some glow to it.

6. CODEE111

June 22, 2011

The Anemone has not changed and it looks like it is about as good as it's gonna get.

Starting today, I am going to consider it healed and in 2 1/2 weeks I will, if everything goes well, cut him up.

7. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

8. Click Here!

9. CODEE111

Ha Ha.:cheesy:...wouldn't be the same. Actually this worked out better for me anyway. Two and 1/2 weeks gives me enough time to acclimate some of my less sensitive coral over to the 55 gallon I started last month. Hoping to give the Nems more room to repair themselves.

10. CODEE111

Yep, there was no change in the Nem yesterday or this morning when I checked him.

I believe him to be totally healed from his accident and will cut him on July the 10th. I will be sure to post pictures of the before and after.

I am currently moving frags over to the (I thought it was a 55 but have been informed it is a 75 gallon) tank in an effort to prepare myself for the event.

11. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Hey, who doesn't love an extra 20 gallons?
    Good luck on the fragging, I'd get a single blue LED from rapid, with a moon,ight driver and keep it highlighted all the time.

12. CODEE111

I know, huh.

I'll post pics for everyone. I have 2 weeks to work out the small details, moving coral, where I'm gonna put it, positioning water flow, sharpening knife, ect.

Kinda excited right now to do it but have too many things to take care of first and want to make sure he is not stressed before I even start.

I'll be sure to start a thread for anyone interested.