Master Mechanic offering free repair advice;

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by alpha_03, Apr 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

heh, you young guys- man I wish I had all the money I spent on my hot rods from back in the day- I could buy another house. ;D

matter of fact here is my list of my hot rods I have owned over the years:

1964 Chevy step side truck
    1967 Chevelle SS 396
    1969 Chevelle SS 402
    1970 Torino GT Fast Back 429
    1970 Nova SS (3 of these) My drag cars
    1971 Camaro RS 350
    1972 Monte Carlo (chick magnet) 454
    1976 Chevy Van- 502 BB, could pick the front end off the ground- ran 13's ...with a VAN

Not to mention Bikes, rat rod customs- ugg.

Oh those were the days.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

LOL yeah im in the military thanks to them signing the budget my build cont.. :p

4. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

ok I have a good one I have a 1995 honda civic 4 door sedan manuel. any ways the back driver sive tire is sitting at an angle.... a noticable 80-75 degree angle. I have taken it to a few shops and they refuse to work on it and cant tell me anything and the honda dealer ship wants to charge $750.00 to even look at it. the bottom of the tire sticks out moe to the left while the top moves in tword the right. like / <-- that I have lifted it up and the tire is on there has no play in the tire and the frame dosent apear to be bent but I havebt worked on this type of car ever and for paying $200.00 for the car I really wanna keep the car. any insight on how i might fix this waould help Much thanks Ryan ;D

5. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Hmmm, would it push coolant back into the over flow when running? it can get hotter when sitting and cool off when driving.

6. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Sorry to ask this but the overflow is what I pour the coolant into correct? I know it has an over flow spout that shoots downward in the back side.

7. andru1313

andru1313 Purple Spiny Lobster

Dang have fun hookin that bad boy.. Yah can't go to big on mine its my soccer mom car...

amazing collection.. Love the Monte Carlo and Camaro...

8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

You camber is off and i cant remember for the life of me then name of the bar that connects under civics and pulls the rear tires in.

yes it would be cause the water pump is still spinning trying to move coolant and if your thermostat is stuck closed it will back up everywhere and it goes to your overflow if it has no place else to go. might start there they are check also less then $20 and normally easy to replace.

10. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I have to agree that a sweet collection. Im helping my uncle put an Lt1 engine into his 82 chevy step side ;D not inturpting but I have to get my little accplishment in there lol ;D

11. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

From what you describe it seems to either be a bent strut or possibly an upper control arm that is out of wack. Best thing to do, get an estimate, and see what they say- this shouldnt cost you anything to get an estimate.

12. leighton1245

You should have a plastic tank that is called your overflow if not your radiator(what you are putting fluid in) just has a tube that when to much pressure builds up it drains some. :)