Marty's Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Marty, Mar 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Going to put up some new pictures of my spreading Zoa's tonight. And i hope to get a good pick of my newly hosting BTA and Clown. :O) And maybe put my yet un-id'd pics in here if I can get it figured out. :p

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

LMAO..........sharing is caring......j/k I dont do that stuff, my wife would kill me and I would lose my job and pension.

4. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Here are a few pics of my tank I took yesterday after a week long business trip (how things change!)

The first two pics are of the new LR I added.

9 days ago...
    [​IMG]

And yesterday...
    [​IMG]

Here is some shots of my exploding zoa colony. The inside of the disk is now turning a nice shade of bright green (hard to tell in pics though). I've also discover a second vermatid snail on this zoa rock, but he is pretty small.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is something that a couple 3reefers have said is some type of sponge. This was not there a week ago. It has exploded out of nowhere...
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, the pic of my newly hosting clown and BTA. Mr. Tang kept hamming it
    up for the camera so I had to lure him away with the feeding tongs to get this shot...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe i should travel more often all the good stuff happens while I'm gone... The second clown has not taken to the BTA yet, but he never strays far from his buddy clown...

5. Marty

Marty Stylophora

FedEx came today with my new Hydor Koralia 2's!
    [​IMG]

Here is the one on the left hand side...
    [​IMG]

And the right...
    [​IMG]

The water flows sooo much better. I moved my old crappy 150 gph PH to the middle of the top back of the tank facing the front. When my sump/fuge is done, I'll be getting an extra 800 or so gph flow.

More to report on the sump by this weekend. I've got my glass baffles, just need to get some seal and glue and I'll be set.

I still have my new skimmer coming, my new sand, new test equipment, and my new overflow box. Once I get those I can start to plumb the sump/fuge and finalize baffle locations. Oh, i have a mag 9.5 return pump coming in about 4 days also. :O)

6. Chucky

Chucky Flamingo Tongue

Nice man,i bet that makes a whirl-d of difference "har" i'm so close to buying a Hydor Koralia nano, I'm thinking about getting the swivel 360 attachment, i'm not sure yet tho :) looks good marty keep the pics coming!

when i get my tank running (very soon)I promise to post pics,and lotsof em!

7. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Thanks, Chucky. I look forward to checking out your pics. Take care.

8. Click Here!

9. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Get the Koralia 1, the nano kind of sucks I regret buying mine cause now I've gotta go get another one