Marko haaga style reefing? Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by nanomania, May 4, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

He guys if u dono him, he has one of the best lowtech skimmerless systems and that too sps dominated..

https://reefbuilders.com/2011/01/04/sreef-stunning-skimmerless-reef-tank-marko-haga/

Soon ill be plannin on a 150g sumpless skimmerless system working on a eheim canister 2062 (the monster l) or a fluval fx6.

Plannin on 100 to150kg of live or dead rock and 1" redsea ocean white sand (i dono howmany kg shud i buy). I dont like dsb some how.

I want to solely depend upon liverock for biological filteration and nothing else. So the canister will have jus foam pads and polishin pads with phosguard, carbon and 2 bags of purigen. Ill also add a bag of ceramic rings or eheim media not as biological filteration but jus incase if i wana setup a new tank, the mesia will help cycle the aquarium faster.

Now if u see Marco haga's system, he is using biopellets without the skimmer. Is that possible? Is any1 currently using then without skimmer? If yes, how? Can i add it right in between the filter sponges in the canister? So the bacteria stays in the sponge and doesnt come out. Might sound stupid, but jus a thot. Also is it really necessary to use biopellets?

Well mostly im plannin to keep jus softies and lps, but i wana try sps too if possible. Any1 tried or using same method?

Last edited: May 4, 2016