Marineland Double Bright LED Lamps - A HI-RES Look

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

The three position switch sounds good BUT where would a timer fit in, I would like to be able to time the light events rather than remember to switch.

I have a question what would the light spread be? my tank is 7 fet long and all I have are soft corals. I was thinking if I were to get the 24 inch models and mount them front to back. How many would I need to cover the 3 feet on each side of the center glass brace?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Mike I'm guessing without looking up their specs that they are about 6 to 8" wide.

4. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

actually under $200

5. Nealio

Nealio Coral Banded Shrimp

Any word if they are going to make a 72" fixture?

6. FishGuy5

FishGuy5 Plankton

Thinking about getting 3 of the 24" versions for my 150 FOWLR. (72 x 18 x 28). Will I be happy w/ the lighting? No corals in the display. I have not seen the light in person, and can't find alot of info on the units. This has been the best place by far. Thanks for the help.

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

For a FOWLR, this might be a perfect light. I have seen quite a few FOWLR's with a lot less light than this fixture can make.

8. Click Here!

9. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

I bought the 24 inch model for my hospital/quarrintine tank. for under 100 buck at my LFS. ( my old light melted). It works great! Execpt the before mentioned, I have to turn the switch for on/night lights. No timer option there.

10. Estee

Estee Bristle Worm

FYI - I contacted Marineland inquiring if they will have a version for larger tanks (60"-72" sizes). This is their response:

US Aquatics Consumer Support to me
    show details 11:57 AM (1 hour ago)
    Hello there,

At this point, final product has not been decided upon, but there is
    talk of larger ones for larger tanks, yes.

Regards,

Marineland

11. mud

mud Plankton

I recently setup a 33L with these lights. Since it is only 12" high these lights work great. Hope to have softies and maybe some LPS. I have a bunch more rock still cycling, been almost 3.5 weeks now can't wait for it to be done.
    [​IMG]

12. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Old thread but what they hey.

Just ordered this light for my mantis tank. Looking forward to seeing how it does. Hopefully I can keep a few LPS underneath it. Anyone have any experience with softies/lps with these? It's a 10 gallon, so the light doesn't have too far to go.

Ivan