marine tanks without skimmers

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by granocompany, Oct 14, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. granocompany

granocompany Astrea Snail

Just have a look for this, they can eat 10 fish and produce lots of fish waste, some time there is no space for swimming, macro algae every were like forest, I like it I had small external filter but switched off

Midnight_Madman likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

4. granocompany

all my friends keep tanks with skimmers, they take corals from my tank and just stay not growing, but in my tank they grow on the glass at the bottom, I have 40 LPS corals just from 1-2 heads for 2 years. I dot 25 heads of blastomussa coral from 2 in 6 month, they have lot of food, skimmer can kill all copepods, amphipods. I don't know corals grow and multiply very fast. I found some LPS single heads under the rocks may be after sexual reproduction

5. granocompany

all my friends keep tanks with skimmers, they take corals from my tank and just stay not growing, but in my tank they grow on the glass at the bottom, I have 40 LPS corals just from 1-2 heads for 2 years. I dot 25 heads of blastomussa coral from 2 in 6 month, they have lot of food, skimmer can kill all copepods, amphipods. I don't know corals grow and multiply very fast. I found some LPS single heads under the rocks may be after sexual reproduction

6. Vinnyboombatz

I am sure they have other problems besides the skimmer if they can't get corals to grow.lol
    Except my current tank I have run skimmers for many years and grown lots of healthy corals.

7. granocompany

do you top up some elements, I just change 30 % of water every 1-2 month and no drops

8. Click Here!

9. Vinnyboombatz

I would normally do water changes once a month. But every system is different depending on what's in it.
    While skimmers are certainly not needed I don't think it's fair to say they are bad. How do skimmers kill amphipod/copepods?

10. granocompany

they can get into and melt?

11. Vinnyboombatz

You may remove a very small amount of copepods with a skimmer but I have never found one amphipod in my collection cup. I love your tanks by the way.☺

12. granocompany

I am OK with technology. I like nice green color of macro algae, and why I should get more space for sump, additional noise from skimmer when my all tanks doing very well