MARINE SAT

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by JOER0178, Mar 8, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tiny

Tiny Plankton

I just wanted to ask the ones that has used it, if you had fish and caulerpa or any other macro algae?

2. Click Here!

3. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Ok trying to get more resukts on SAT I dosed again and now after the 2nd treatment of the second dose hair ajgae is going away but not liking whats happening in the refugium it's hard to describe but will add details later as its lights out time for the kids and its my night.

4. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I added some of that powder that comes w/p04 sponge and I noticed pods were greatly affected numbers were down.Dont know if this is the same as SAT

5. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Couple of quick points:
    a. Pods are way down again
    b. Did see large die off in fuge
    1. started with algae on the walls of fuge
    2. seemed like the algae below surface next
    3. hair algae in tank dieing off slowly
    All water parms are right where they need to be but once the algae is gone I am going to poly filter the tank and I will not recommend this to anyone with a reef and fuge. It doesn't seem to affect corals, inverts, or fish, but my turbos are moving slower and I lost one ( the loss maybe to last emerald in tank because it happened in his area and he hates everyone in the tank.
    My advice to all is too use caution with this product and remember that RO does not remove phosphate you also need to di the water and I found my Di not working which was the source of my hair algae.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good to know Phil. Thanks for the report.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I HAVE USED MARINE SAT FOR 3 WEEKS SOME DIE OFF. WILL AGREE PODS ARE DOWN AND MY CHAETO IS GROWING SLOWER. APPEARS TO BE RED SLIME ON THE FUGE WALLS INCASED IN BUBBLES. THOUGHT THIS STUFF BATTLED CYNO TOO GUESS NOT. NEVER HAD CYNO IN FUGE BEFORE THE USE. I HAVE TAKEN HALF MY LR OUT AND CIRCULATING IN SALTWATER IN A HOLDING TANK THAT IS TOTALLY DARK TO KILL THE HA. I WILL NOT BY ANOTHER BOTTLE.

8. Click Here!

9. captivereefs

captivereefs Feather Duster

Who makes it? I never heard of it.

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

TLC aquarium and Pond Products Wetlake OH