MARINE SAT

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by JOER0178, Mar 8, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

dOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS STUFF CALLED MARINE SAT THE GUY AT MY LFS TALKS ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME. HE SAYS ITS ONLY BACTERIA NO CHEMICALS AND THAT IT REMOVES PO4- AND NITRATES FROM THE WATER, AND THE HAIR AND SLIME ALGAE JUST LIFT OFF THE ROCK WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF ADDING

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I used it once but was long long ago and don't remember how it worked out.

4. JOER0178

JASON MARINE SAT IS NOT A SALT ITS A LIQUID W/ BACTERIA IN IT.

5. JOER0178

JUST WONDERING BECAUSE I HAVE AN ALGAE PROBLEM AND THIS GUY HAS BEEN PRETTY RELIABLE IN THE PAST. THE WAY THEY TALK ABOUT IT OVER THERE IT SOUNDS GREAT BUT IM ALWAYS ALITTLE WORRIED WHEN ADDING SOMETHING LIKE THIS INTO A TANK

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

J,
    I can't fine a picture but it is not a salt.
    This product is saying that it eliminates hair algae and is safe for all marine species, works in 2 to 4 weeks, Not a chemical and it's live bacteria. Consists of live, non-pathogenic, natural bacteria that OUT COMPETE hair and string algae for nutrients. Not intended for a cycle or start up. says it is a TLC Aquarium and Pond Product Westlake, OH
    I could not find it in a search but found my old old bottle and typed in what is says.

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Sorry for some reason I was thinking "Reef Crystals"

My bad

8. Click Here!

9. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I used SAT and it worked but I believe it was a factor in wiping out my cope pods. It was the only thing i changed at the time and the tank and sump area went from seeing pods on all surfaces at most any time to only seeing 1 or 2 if i was lucky. Not very scientific but worth noting and it could have been loss of food source and not actually the SAT. PS I wrote about this product many moons ago look at old posts I also include a pic i think it was in the hair algae post in the general section.

10. JOER0178

WELL I ADDED IT SO ILL TELL YOU IF I GET A SIMILAR RESULT W/ MY COPEPODS PHIL. THANKS EVERYONE

11. Guest

Guest Guest

i have a ? i have a fuge w/ chaetomorphia in it, if i add marine sat will it kill it???????

12. JOER0178

its been 2weeks since i added the Marine SAT and i still have a nice amount of copepods not close the the amount that i had 3weeks ago but a good amount.