Marine ICH??????? what to do!!!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Strickland_673, Mar 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

All the dip does is to simply rupture the cell of the spore but there are 100's more in waiting .. Heat will do the same thing but with less stress and making the problem worse.
    This is why so many report My fish has ich with in a day or two of them adding them to their tanks fish are stressed and tweaked and then the little pest pop up from the depths and find a new weak host fish to feed on .
    I have had systems to run 6 yrs or longer nothing new ever added only corals clipping removed but power would go off water would cool and or something would drastically change with the system and baaam ich everywhere .
    I have to wonder where it came in from ? This is why I say all tanks have the spores in waiting.. I have seen this happen to myself more then once and many others I know personally Oswell .. Also over the yrs I have noticed Fall and spring the pest are reported most often. Many old timers used to say it was the lighting and temp changes of the seasons ? But I find the seasons to play a role also.. ..

I have a lot of people here to tell me that they tried this methoed ad wow it worked :) Far better then all treatments . But its for ich not oddinium. one is like a flea and the other is like heart worms . Worst thing ich does is the secondary infections sometimes . And thats from lack of eating and the immune system getting weaker and less resistance .. again like a old flea ridden dog being drained and not flea dipped ..Or a common cold allowed to go into pneumonia and not treated..

This is how a old friend/customer/former family dr explained it to me 45 yrs ago :) this is how he treated his Marine fish tanks way back in the day..

2. Click Here!

3. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

sorry guys quoting my own owrds, but i may have nulled my reply by replying right after it!!!

4. 50JumpChump

50JumpChump Flamingo Tongue

Hey Tangster is there anything you can do on a preventative basis so fish dont get these things? Some thing to boost the immune systems of the fish!?

5. Strickland_673

garlic usually works pretty good, or so i'm told.

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

They will build up an immunity in time with ever out break, I've never used Garlic . I have used Vitamin C a few time But Cod liver Oil food soaks I find to works the best . Its cheap and naturals and most importantly is a balanced diet I feed 99.9% only OSI brand flakes their Marine and Spiralunia is great..

7. 50JumpChump

50JumpChump Flamingo Tongue

When do you use it? During every feeding or once a month? Or just when an outbreak is noticed?

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I feed flakes several times a week and I soak them in every few weeks I have not added a fish to this tank here for over 2 yrs now .. But once a week should be plenty I myself never do anything for an aquarium very religiously its more about when I think about it or feel like it :)
    I do alternate the flake types ever few feedings Good flake food has about all the needed oils and nutrients in it already . Only added weird food I use is broccoli every now and then for the tangs .

10. Strickland_673

Well, I no longer have to worry about the puffer. I was moving my Canister fliter going to clean it, and i geuss the screen on the intake fell off, and i later found the lifless blown up puffer in the filter. I don't think the ride killed him, i think he may have been stressed to death. poor little guy, was my favorite!!! :'(