Marine Debris Cleanup Day

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by inwall75, Apr 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

In the wash DC metro area there is a proposal to start charging you for using the plasic bags instead of a reusable one - which everyone is prominantly displaying for sale at all the registers for $2.99 each.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

don't really want to get in a tree hugging argument over this... but inwall, if you're referring to those typical plastic bottles water comes in... you really shouldn't reuse those more than maybe once... they leech all kinds of chemicals... not saying the chemicals are bad, just saying I don't want to drink them.

I use a bottle meant for reuse (same one I take on hikes too).

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Yeah, I use them a couple of times. I also have a bottle that is BPA free. However, it doesn't fit in the cupholder and when you hold it between your legs, your water heats up. ::) Once the old bottles are used up, I'm going to have to get another bottle that will fit in the cupholder.

5. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

the only way

here in montreal, you HAVE to use those bags they sell for 2.49. most places wont even have plastic ones on hand and if you need them they sigh and ask how many then charge you .05 each. everyone behind you shakes their head and you have to shamefully pack your groceries. iv also noticed a couple of places that refill containers(shampoo, laundry detergent and the like) from bulk bins and charge you by the liter. saves money and the environment! its the little things in everyday life that can make all the difference!

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Ah, I never even thought about those shampoo bottles. Good idea.

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It's sad that there is so much we could of done so long ago to prevent the problems that we now can't solve. As they say hind-sight is 20/20, and that's the only way we will ever see the planet naturally again:(