Mardel Coppersafe

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by MoonChaser, Apr 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MoonChaser

MoonChaser Aiptasia Anemone

Can I please just say that I feel the point was missed completly with MY thread? I simply asked if the CopperSafe would hurt my urchin... I didn't expect this to turn in to a big long thing of he said/she said, he uses/she uses.... come on. I simply wanted advice on fixing my tank before I put more fish in it

2. Click Here!

3. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

+1. Right on target. I have 4 shrimp that keep ich from happening. And yes stress is the destroyer of life.

4. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning to the word Coppersafe? Does it mean there is NO copper or does mean that it IS copper but it's safe in a reef system? Copper is not safe in a reef as far as everything I've ever read on the subject but you can treat fish in a separate tank with copper. The BIG problem is catching the fish in a reef. Generally I feel and I say this as an opinon that if the fish is easy to catch there's a good chance he's too far gone. That's just my opinion. That's why I preferred to use a product that was highly recommended and totally reef safe so I could treat the fish and also any other parasites on any other fish. Actually I had just moved up from a smaller tank at the time and one of the fish showed signs of the stress ich.
    3reef is about sharing experiences either actual personal experiences or things you have read from reliable sources or someone else's personal experience.;)

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes moonchaser, your urchin will suffer fr the Cu. It jacks with their means of regulating water/salt in their bodies.

http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/REDs/factsheets/copper_red_fs.pdf