Marco rock v's bulkreef eco rox

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TORMENTOR, Jan 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Looks great but why would you ruin a perfectly sterile/safe reef tank by dumping live rock (and alot of potential pests) in your tank? Can you seed your tank with some sand from a trusted/existing tank instead?

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

You don't need live rock to start your cycle. If you let the dry rock go it will cycle itself. If you feel there isn't enough dead material, there usually is, then add a small piece of raw shrimp. I agree with amcarigg, don't risk bringing in nusiance algae, mantis shrimp, aptasia etc.

4. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

i definitely thought you were going to go with BRS...i'm shocked!

5. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

I took a gamble with him and I'm very glad I did. I couldn't be anymore happy with Marco Rocks. His order's are shipped the same day they are received now, and there is no delay. His rocks are awesome with tons of holes and caves.

6. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

I am going to ask Marc about this today. He is at ReefStock at the Denver aquarium at our show. I was pretty excited about his rock.

Was the orders for fiji or key largo rocks?
    When did you order from him?

C.J.

7. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

I will say......thats a beautiful rock arrangement - and amcarrig's comment is one worth heeding - your tank is absolutely pristine at the moment. Give it an absolutely pristine start. Maybe a few coralline scrapings at best.

When and if my chance comes - i will be doing it that way for sure.

I absolutely love how your tank is arranged - it promises to be a stunner - and i am glad you had a good rock buying experience!

enjoy and relish this phase of your tank to the fullest.

:)

8. Click Here!

9. steve614

steve614 Plankton

I ordered from Marco rocks.I got the rock sand combo.The rock was phenomenal.The sand took a long time to settle in it clouded my water for a while but now 6 mos later its really nice and full of life.I needed a few more pieces and I actually met Marc at a frag swap in NY and then again in NJ.Great rock great service and a really nice guy too.I honestly don't see him as the type to screw anyone over.
    Just my opinion with my experience with him.

10. droopymatt

droopymatt Bristle Worm

i was glad to see this thread still alive, because of your positive post i just ordered the 62lb cherryscape for my 65 gallon build

11. Gavinsons

Gavinsons Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Im bringing this thread back to life. I ordered 150 lbs of the key largo rock this morning and have already recieved an email from fedex that there are 3 50 lb boxes in transit. Cant wait to get the rock in my new tank. From the pictures I have seen, it seems really easy to stack. Once the rock is in it will be time to leave it alone for a few weeks to let it cycle.

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Looks nice!

I like the background. You paint it?

I got a chuckle out of the advise you got, and STILL ordered from Marco!
    Glad our shipments came correctly and on time!
    Maybe they fixed their problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.