Marco rock, reefcleaners rock, or brs rock????

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by DBOSHIBBY, Feb 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I hate when I'm aquascaping and the rocks looks like...well a bunch of diffrent rocks sitting on top of each other. I'm thinking marcorock is more of that kind.

The pukani and reefcleaners looks like it might lock together a bit more to create a almost seamless rock.

Am I right?

2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I have never used ReefCleaners rock, but Pukani rock does fit together like a puzzle. Mine was very easy to scape, and just needed one or two knocks with a hammer to remove a small bump or two that was hindering my progress. I am thoroughly pleased with my Pukani purchase. I got mine on sale too, so I didn't pay the $3.69/lb price ($2.79).

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Reefcleaners all the way. Marco rock is fine if all goes well but they have a history of poor customer service. When I was shopping for rock for my big tank I called them and they were quite rude and wouldn't answer any of my questions so I went with john who is always nice, courteous and professional and I'm glad I did. Also anything over 30lbs from reefcleaners ships free.

Here is 300lbs of reefcleaners rock in my tank:

5. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

How did you get it on sale? Group buy?
    Thanks for all the info too.

6. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

As FOD mentioned, you will most likely need to chisel a bit of the rock to have it come out the way you want it to look...thats the fun part though...

Brian

7. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Another thing to consider is that with reefcleaners, if you tell john what you want, and what you have in mind to do, he'll handpick rocks that he thinks will fit what you have in mind.

Don't have experiance with any of the other companies.

Also, this is my first saltwater tank, that is still in the "build" phase, so judge the look of the rock and not how it works in my scape :D lol

8. Click Here!

9. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

It was a weekly special. They run them on rock I'd say once every 4-6 weeks. Sometimes it's on Pukani, sometimes it's not. I know someone on 3reef said they were going to organize a Group Buy in a couple of weeks.

10. boostednlinefor

boostednlinefor Fire Worm

I just got in on some general group buy at BRS when someone posted about it here on 3reef. I had to wait a few days and they emailed me when it started. I had about a week to place my order and I saved about 10% on my rock. Not a ton, but better than nothing. I've read about other sales they've had that are much less than what I even paid but I didn't really want to wait a month or two for an unknown and I've also seen many posts about how they were out of stock of the Pukani for months at a time.

I found the pukani easy to scape too with a little shapping with a hammer, screwdriver and a hacksaw.

11. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

thanks for all the help!

50lbs of brs Pukani just got delivered to my door step :)
    now i just have to wait to get out of work to see it!!!
    i will post pics later.
    Thanks Again!

12. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I would say either BRS or reefcleaners is the way to go. While my rock is all BRS, my macro's are from reefcleaners & I must say that both are top notch in thier customer service & quality of products.

oh and pukani is the bomb!