Mappa Puffer Hiding.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by lust1kiddo, Aug 11, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lust1kiddo

lust1kiddo Astrea Snail

I have not seen a poop. Now that you say that...he looks constipated !!! Like this morning, the tail half wasnt moving as good or almost like at all. How do i fix the constipation ??

2. Click Here!

3. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

An epsom salts bath ...
    I had to do one on mine and he ended up going in the bucket after about an hour ..1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of tank water ..Get a 5 gallon bucket and and airstone and just let him relax in there ..May not work the first time ..Also eating peas has been known to help,but if he's stuffed he won't eat it..You can also lightly massage his belly while in the bath.

4. lust1kiddo

lust1kiddo Astrea Snail

What is an airstone ? Also, I heard you cant touch them no ?

5. lust1kiddo

lust1kiddo Astrea Snail

I also just read that when they are stressed..they curl their tail in near their body. Maybe I am mistaking that for constipation ? I just tested the water and had to put some marine buffer in there.

6. lust1kiddo

lust1kiddo Astrea Snail

ok here he is now huddled in the corner...I am scared.

Attached Files:

7. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

P6195763.JPG P6175758.JPG Yeah he is highly stressed in that pic ..See the white discolorations ..Thats not what he should look like ..

Heres mine ,he should look like this ...What exactly are your numbers?Any trates or ammonia?Its possible he's still constipated as well but from the pic ,that is clearly a lot stress ... Oh and you can hold them with no problems ,i hold all my fish to take pictures when i first get them.

8. Click Here!

9. lust1kiddo

lust1kiddo Astrea Snail

my nitrite is high...like 3.0