Mantis..do they molt? If so is this one ???? HELP!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Otty, Dec 20, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Otty,

That's a Peacock. I didn't even watch the video. The second the screen came on, I knew. Tell me if you see any similarity between the eyes of that mantis and the eyes in my signature. :)

That is my favorite mantis of all. I don't have one currently. My last one died during it's molt. :angry: Funny you should post this.....I just got off the phone with a LFS owner not more than 5 minutes ago who has put a peacock he special ordered on hold for me. He decided that all of the people who wanted to buy it over the last week shouldn't have it. (Yes, there are still good LFS owners). It's now mine (at his cost....how cool is that). I'm picking it up next week.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

WOO HOO! You will be posting pics so I can live vicariously through you, right Curt? :)

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I chose not to watch the video. I highly disagree with many YouTube videos. A lot of people have unfortunately found out how strong and intelligent these animals are. Some, like me, admire them for their amazing qualities. Others use them to stage death matches and that always ticks me off. I could go on and on about this but let's just leave it good. I'm getting a peacock for cost and the people who wanted it for deathmatches are not.

EDIT: I'm not saying that this person was irresponsible. I don't know...I didn't watch the video.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

You've not seen my photos before have you? There's a reason for that. However, I'll do my best.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

No, I haven't but now you have to tell me what that reason is! :)

7. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

I also think they are amazing creatures and are given a "bum rap". It's just that in that video I could almost hear myself screaming out "Go crab, GO".

Congratulations on your newest acquisition. Sounds like a gem!

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

This is a direct quote.

Yes, my first peacock was named Fluffy. It was a joke and it continued. My second mantis was named Cuddles.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Thanks....I'm pretty pumped!!!

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

So if you keep one of these for a pet what do you feed it? And do you keep it with a community of other fish?
    Congrats on your new addition to the family, I will look for the pics when you post them.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I fed mine live astrea snails, freeze dried krill and live blue leg hermits. They don't have to have live food to eat but they do need it from time to time to keep their clubbers in shape.