Manifold Madness

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by SPINNER, Jun 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BUGz

BUGz Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I love clean, run free plumbing! I tried sooo hard to keep it clean but inevitably had the purple primer dribbles - I used the clear glue and it would have been clean if the darn primer was clear haha

Nice work and paint job!!
    :thumb_up:

2. Click Here!

3. jeremya

jeremya Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I laughed; I used to install irrigation systems, spent many months with purple hands.... Then I found out they made clear primer 8)

4. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

I Know what you mean with the drips:( I don't paint any parts that go into fitting's, bulkheads, ect.. and tape off painted parts before glueing.
    I see lot's of big dollar systems and then you see the plumbing and it looks like a child did it? I have been asked to do the plumbing for a new store in my town they are going with all black pipes and yellow fittings. I have done a couple builds with those colors it really looks neat. Man cave stuff......lol

5. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I love the look. Reefers painting their pipes are starting to become popular.

6. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Again everybody thanks for the input! It would be no fun to do all this extra work and nobody saw it....lol. I truly understand that painting is not for everybody and that is cool! Great forums like this make us able to share and somtimes that's all it take to born the next rembrandt:)
    I will post my sump this Sunday need to finish a couple of things it will show alot of different things painted to maybe give some ideas.

* Although i have been painting my plumbing for years and only use Krylon Fusion paint i feel i should point something out. First i per cut/fit all plumbing system parts together... Then i mask off parts needed(i don't paint inside fittings or parts of pipe that goes in fittings) i spray light coats with dry time between...Then i let sit for a week or more for finish to fully harden(this i feel is important) i mask off ends of pipes before glueing....i run fresh water through system for a week before draining and starting cycle. And last i will point out that athough i have used in my tanks with no harm to marine life...i have only a very small % of painted items in water most of mine are above water line.
    YES it can be done many different ways....this is how i do it use some or none no biggie:)

Happy ReefN,

7. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

we need more pics of the whole system!

8. Click Here!

9. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

I need to put a build thread together i have done many DIY thread's. This is my sump finishing odds and ins trying to start up week after next:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my fluidized sand reactor will hold about 8lbs:)
    [​IMG]

Couple more reactors:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have alot of features on this build thats why so many colors, normal build is two/three colors.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That looks fantastic, thanks for sharing.

11. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Is your tank 1000000 gallons that's a lot pipe lol looks very cool and scientific

12. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

dang....need you to come out to northern cali and show me a thing or two or three. lol about to be planning and designing a multi tank system.