Mandarin feeding

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by TBELT, Aug 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

awesome fish i love mandarins i wish i could have one. i would not stop giving them cope pods and starting a fuge would probubly be the best way to go because one the fuge gets set up its a self sustaining pod populations and that means no more 8$ a week

2. Click Here!

3. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

$8 per week is nothing to have these fish. Worth every single penny. I can watch mine for hours and usually do. They seem to love floating in the currents and they are so pretty. The way they come out when they are hungry is great. My wife stands there with a plastic cup (the one we use for feeding) and they come to life. WAY COOL. I was worried after what I read on this thread but was determined to make it work. All the work (mostly my wife) was well worth it. I really love this hobby:cheesy:.

4. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

Well just wanted to give everyone an update on my mandarins. Both are doing well. Especially the spotted. What a pig. Seems to eat everything anymore. Bloodworms, Brine plus, frozen brine, Chunks of cyclops-eeze. I even saw her niping at pellets the other day. Have not added a pod in 6 weeks. They are both in a 55 gallon now. Here are some pics of the little porker. The green is doing well but a little more finiky then the Spotted
    Do not have many clear pics of the green it never sits still'
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]but both are fat and happy.

[​IMG]

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Congratulations. when i first started reading this thread i was skeptical because of the way my last experience with a dragonet turned out... (rip scooter blenny :() but its great to hear you made things work out. keep updating on their condition and what you are doing to keep them healthy. :)

6. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

My wife is the one who did it. She actually has them trained. All she has to do is turn off one of the powerheads and stand in front of the tank. They come to her. She target feeds them the food of the day in small amounts and they both eat. :eek: Amazing to watch.