Man Puts Live Neon Tetras In His Phone

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Yeah, I was really just being a brat ;D. You are absolutely correct!

We toss a net to catch our minnows at the lake house.

We also dig up nightcrawlers (earthworms) from the yard.

Only time I use packaged bait is when I go deep sea fishing (and that's bc I charter a boat and they provide the bait (squid chunks)).

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

I feel much better now. :)

Catfish is an exception though of course...when i think fishing I mean in the ocean. Yeah hard to get decent bait on a party boat/charters. They release enough chum I bet to make up for it. I stopped going on the party boats/charters though. Lately if I go for fun I just do some shallow water catch and release snook fishing. Too hard to get a legal snook, they are always too big or too small so I get myself in the mindset I don't care anyway so I am not disappointed. For food fish I work the rivers for tilapia. Exotic species here, and they have just taken over. No bag limits, no slot sizes to mess with so you can spend more time filling the cooler instead of messing with a ruler. You also don't have to feel guilty about it since removing them is a good thing, so a win/win in my book. We net them though, after awhile it starts to feel like work, bu the first couple hours of throws is fun. Take it easy my man, maybe one day I will send you another fishing secret I have....maybe. ;)

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Well, I see that this thread has mustered up the "Macho" in some people and the "sissy" in others. While there isn't a problem with either opinion (Notice the word opinion) there is no reason for some of the "Theres nothing wrong with this" people to pick on the "Oh the poor fish" people.
    As John said, there is a difference in intentionally abusing an animal and utilizing it.
    I disagree with what the guy did in the vid, and while we haven't a clue as to what happened to the fish, whether they flourished or perished, either way his actions were unethical.
    I also agree that there are many people being starved each day as well as there are many innocent live lost. Many children in the world don't even know what being full means, or know what life without pain is. This is a tragedy, but must we compare one's compassion for a tiny fish to such atrocities? Must we make it seem that their feelings are for naught?
    For those who say its only a tetra, well....think of it this way, dogs are just dogs. Some of them are too dumb to even realize when a person is mean to them. In fact some people aren't even able to think or do for themselves, but if one such disabled or handicapped person were to be locked away in a undersized confinement, it would be horrific.
    For those who say its not developed enough to feel anything, so is an unborn fetus, but many people have strong emotions about some acts done unto them. I wont go into details, because this isnt the place, but my point is you have your own opinions, so theres no need to get nasty with each other.
    I hate seeing people gang up on each other over stupid, petty arguments. Is one's compassion for a living being such a joke? Are one's feelings so insignificant that you must pick at an open sore?
    Now that I am finished, I will get off of my soap box as I encourage all of you to agree to disagree.