Malu anemone ???

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by jeth1979, Feb 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vanpyre

vanpyre Flamingo Tongue

do a change just incase and just feed prawn and soft food from now on

2. Click Here!

3. jeth1979

jeth1979 Flamingo Tongue

hi yeah ive just finished the change,also ive fed the tank some mysis and cyclo. it seems to of really perked up now, maybe something to do with the clowns dropping plenty of food down to him!!!!thanks again, im off to try and put some pics of this beast up on the board!!! cheers

4. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

He look's like a sabae anemone. I have one and they go through some weird stages. Mine has even came off of his rock and turned completly inside out to expel the waste that was settled down inside and that was the only way to get it out. By the looks in the picture he is doing just fine. Like I say they go through weird stages until they are really settled in. Some adapt reaLLY QUICKLY OTHERS TAKE MORE TIME. jUST DEPENDS ON THE ANIMAL AND THE WATER QUALITY. i GAVE MINE A GOLDFISH (NOT A FEEDER) And he seems to have loved it. Sorry bout the caps.

5. jeth1979

jeth1979 Flamingo Tongue

here it is now

hi, thanks for the info, i shall look into that a bit further. im guessing youve hit the nail on the head as all of today the anemone has been spread right out sunning itself, and generally gorgeing on food. i really can"t believe how it has come about, ive put a couple of pics/attachments that i literally just took,so you guys can see for yourselves. thanks all all info very much appreciated.......;)

Attached Files:

6. vanpyre

vanpyre Flamingo Tongue

nice one, you were lucky to catch him in time, i found the hard way and lost allot of fish

1 person likes this.
  7. k6v=rd

k6v=rd Plankton

hi your nem is absoultely fine when it closes up and deflates its getting rid of excess water retention.. a anemone takes in water and feeds off the nutrients in the water, when its had enough it expells all the water like bad water and eventually comes back to life. the proces usually takes around 4 hours from start to deflate then back to normal, i have 3 and they do it all the time, as for feeding fill your turkey baster with brine and squirt in the belltbutton for a couple of seconds....