Male Clown Swimming weird

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

my male black and white clown has not been himself, he has been swimming in a corner int he back of the tank right above the subtrate all morning, fish will go by he will swim with them a little bit in the corner then go back to this, sorry for the bad pics, best i could get. And nobody has been picking on him :/

any idea
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and sometimes he will sink to the sand and spaz out then do this all over again,

4. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Clownfish are wierd, it might be normal or it could be trying to mate with the other clown..

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i hope its normal, this is just not ike him to do this :/ the two have been "dancing" under the moonlight at night not sure if thats a potential sign of spawning, just kind of worried cause he's usually swimming around the tank

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and the female is now twitching on her side in the sand in the area underneath the male, could this be a sign of eggs?

edit: he just left the corner but is still swimming the same

7. Triggerfish

Might be, hope you're ready if they are, could you find some rotifers if they did breed.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

what exactly is rotifers?

and the male is back in the corner he didnt leave it for no more than maybe 10 seconds then went straight back

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I dunno. When I had Dora and Pablo II they would do this - but not go all the way to the sand. But they would swim straight up like this. I don't know if it was because Dora was sick, or if it was mating behavior.

11. Triggerfish

planktonic food, the food they feed for most fry, before the fry can even eat baby brine shrimp. By "they" I mean fish breeders.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and that's why im worried he has left the corner again but he like spazzes when he swims, would swim verticle and kinda sink back to the bottom, i hope he wont end up like dora :( maybe it is a sign of breeding, but whatever he is doing is not normal, almost looks like he's struggling to swim :-/