making more shrooms

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by dano, Feb 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hey Chris, next time you cut a shroom make sure you use some goggles ;D, anyway i'll wait for mine to reproduce on their own for now, may be one day i'll cut them w/ a machete and wear a welder mask for protection :D :D ;D :), just a joke OK. how many types of shroms do you have?.

2. Click Here!

3. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hey robert, in my LFS they show me how one way to remove them, just simply place your nail under the shroom and scrape it carefully, then place it where you want it to attach then you glue it or tide it or just press on it w/ you finger.
    Hope this help some

4. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    i wouldnt recomend that... i know it sounds like a great idea, but if you dont do that with care they WILL DIE!!! so be carefull

5. Rob

Rob Astrea Snail

so does anybody have a better method of getting the shroom off the rock. i tried that last night and i think i destroyed it. i don't know i cut it up any way and put it back in my tank. we will see how it is doing in a week right. i will keep you all posted.............

rob

6. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    dude honestlt like any other thing in this hobby, it takes time... they will eventually come off and spread. dont try peeling them off cause they WILL DIE!!! as i assume you saw. karma for asking questions about my fav. wannabe coral!!!

7. Rob

Rob Astrea Snail

yeah i just wanted to make some more shrooms to sell back to my lfs....i love to watch my tank grow. it is a real sense of pride when people come to my house and say "WOW, LOOK AT YOUR TANK" that is just so cool.....lol

8. Click Here!

9. PerpetualProducts

PerpetualProducts Plankton

They'll split by themselves, but it takes time. I noticed that one of mine split into a few more when I had my lights off for a while when I was battling GHA. Maybe the darkness helped. I also cut a coupld rhodactis in half when I got them and the halves healed up really quickly and are complete shrooms within a month. I've got some blues and some insane reds that I'm scared to cut in half though. lol