Magnesium?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Birdlady, Sep 18, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

i just wanted to raise my cal up for when i get my sps and clams. I might be getting them this weekend or next. I'm not sure though how to balance it. Can i just test every day for about a week and then see how much it goes down every day and add just enough to keep it at that amount. On the back of the calcium supplements, u know the amount they tell u too put in your tank, is that just the amount to maintain it. thats what i've read somewhere.

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thanks John, missed the decimal!

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, mantain what at what level? That is the question. As every setup is different, My tank which hardly has anything in it at this point will use up much less calcium than a tank heavily stocked with sps's and clams etc.

I would test everyday for a bit, then go to every other and see if it is still mantaining, and go from there to what is a reasonable schedule for yourself. ;D

And yes, just add enough to maintain it. I find using the Kalk and /or the ESV BiOnic 2 part helps keep it pretty good.

5. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

i want to keep my cal at about 450. I drip kalk at night only now to try and maintain the cal. I don't have any sps or clams now, i just have xenia now but next week i'm gonna get 4 sps frags for $95 and 1 awsome clam for $82. I might have to increase the cal that i supplement. I'm not sure how to maintain it without it going down.