Mag-Rack

Discussion in 'Frags' started by BorntoReef, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Yes, and you should be careful with a Mag-Float too. Granted there is a little pading (well, what is used to clean & scrub). Using the right size, for the tank thichness.

2. Click Here!

3. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

Finally, someone who understands me!! But just wondering, why were you chewing on window sills?!?!?! lol

4. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

info

Hey, thanks guys for the info! once i get my Zoanthids i am definitely purchasing it :cheesy:! I'll be sure to post a detailed review on it!

5. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

To pass time away. We didn't have home computers, Xboxs, or Chucky Cheese. lol

6. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

7. theanimalslaugh

theanimalslaugh Plankton

I made a frag rack out of egg crate to hang on the back wall of my 29g biocube. It was easy to make, I cut out a 4"X9" piece of egg crate, and then melted two pieces of acrylic to hold the egg crate and hook over the back wall. It took about 15 minutes to make. The two acrylic hooks fit into the second chamber with my sr3 skimmer perfectly. It hangs about 4 inches from the surface of the water, which was perfect for the stock pc lights. Now I have a 250 watt sunpod on it though, and for some corals, it is a little too close to the light, but yeah it definitely gives you a little more room and a place to put frags that are on frag plugs (whether to sell, or a place to let new pieces acclimate before removing them from a plug). I think the little magnetic frag plugs are sweet though, especially in a smaller tank where space is always an issue. You can fill up the back and sides with frags, which I think looks really cool.