Mag-float problems?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by bmshehan, Jun 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Ya, I think it is the sand thing. I've thought of that before, but I guess it just didn't register!:loco: I'll try Omard's scraper idea. I'm 99% positive it wasn't this bad before... Thanks to everyone who responded!

2. Click Here!

3. Zectra

Zectra Feather Duster

A tang? Is that because it rhymes with 'fang'? Does that make him sharp and scary?

Not sure where your getting your information.....::)

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Same thing I said until Tangster talked me into one, now I know why they cost so much.
    You been hanging around with Jimmy again....:smoke::beer2::pimp2:

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I might buy one down the road... but that will be after my full cleaning crew is going, I have a bullet 1 skimmer, a wet/dry, sump, fuge, and many others! (Notice RO/DI is off the list;)!)

Not been hanging out with Jimmy, maybe after effects of 9 years too much partying!!!

6. gonexrogue

gonexrogue Plankton

hate to bump an old thread, but i just had to share my experience as well because i dont feel like enough people are aware of this.

my nanocube was scratchless until i started using the magfloat.
    DO NOT get near the bottom.
    i thought since the tank was glass, it would be very scratch resistant.
    the substrate really does get caught in the magfloat though and it will scratch your glass

7. lynnmw1208

lynnmw1208 Skunk Shrimp

good point. I would have to say you have to be REALLY careful too that worms with calcareous tubes aren't making their homes under the magfloat if you leave it in the tank. I had to take mine out and scrape the tubes out as I noticed it scratching the glass in my tank.

8. Click Here!

9. AquariumFan

AquariumFan Plankton

I just watched a video on youtube of aqua razor vs. magfloat...aqua razor seems to be superior but I can't seem to locate it online anywhere.