m tank from northcoastmarines.com

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by mflee9, Oct 24, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Lucky he didn't blame it on the bombing or CA's power problems. Sounds like a lame answer, most tanks are built within our borders. What were they waiting on from CA?

I've used several BB2's and have many friends using them. When I was in retail, I sold tons of those, several a week. I had two returns, one with a real manufacture problem. CPR fixed it within 1 week(sent new unit). I love them for small tanks, and would recommend them to anyone.

The main thing about them is:
    1. You need to keep air muffler and valve clean of salt creep
    2. You need to keep both venturi and rejuvinator lines and elbows clear of salt creep.
    3. You need to keep rio 600 from getting clogged, that unstrained intake loves to suck up little snails & algae.
    4. You need to clean cup weekly, just rinse under strong tap water.
    I'd do those as a weekly chores. If you can noticably see the black riser tube the bubbles come out of, one of the upper steps needs to be performed. Soaking real clogged parts can be done in vinegar (5% acid) and water, it works for cleaning stubburn collection cups too. Just rinse when done in freshwater.

Many people grumble about Taams Rio pumps. They don't have a good track record, one of the worst actually(they had #1 at the store I worked on their lighting fitxures, 100% all with real problems). Most problems are 1700 and above, although I've had small ones go. Their largest problem is power cords cracking @ base (ungrounded thin cord). Some people and companys recommend you switch out your Rio600 for a MaxiJet 1200 w/venturi attatchment. If you do this retro, get the maxijet to about same water level as Rio.

One last thing, get a replacement o-ring now, while you don't need it. You'll be real bummed when it breaks and no one has one in stock (specail order usually).

Gresham H

2. Click Here!

3. mflee9

mflee9 Plankton

what is the O ring?

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The o-ring is the black round rubber ring around the collection cup. It holds the collection cup up. Over time it breaks down, falls apart and drops collection cup into skimmer sometimes causing overflow).

Gresham

5. Mauireefer

Mauireefer Astrea Snail

wow, sorry about the Mtank, I just wanted to show you what I ended up with...Commodity Axis makes these tanks reef ready as well, I had them in my store and the 18 gallon had 72 watts of Power comapcts for 189.99, but it had a lame undergravel filter, I opted for the 10 gallon, I added my own lights and used a different filter, as a matter of fact a CPR bakpak2...just thought Id share the link.http://www.commodityaxis.com/index2.htm

Jared