Luvreefs23 6 week 90

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by luvreefs23, May 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Heres my 90 after about 6 weeks, did a transfer from a 30 bio cube. Water has become crystal clear and i have had no casualties so far. My hippo has spread a nice case of ich around the tank but everyones eating and it seems to be getting better. Here are some pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of my skimmer after 3 days of skimming. This is a euro reef rs 135...i love it.

[​IMG]

Finally for kicks my sisters new puppy, a french bull dog *8 weeks old*

[​IMG]

The only corals in the tank is 4 purple mushrooms, a small purple gorgonia, and 2 patches of star polyps...gonna add a green singulara this weekend ive been holding in my gf's 10 gallon til my tank aged a little. Any questions feel free to ask...

Dennis

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks good 23. I think I remember the thread about how to do the swap. Looks like everything is working out so far. Like the black sand and aquascape.

4. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Thanks mission, yeah the black sand was defintely a roll of the dice. I was afraid i wouldnt like it but so far so good. I wanna get one more pump for the lower portion of the tank....one of them vortecs but its taking a while due to their hefty price tag.

1 person likes this.
  5. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Nice! beautiful aqua scape, nice pudgy too....lol

6. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I wanted to ask if anyone thought the tank looked kinda baron? Do i need more rock? Theres about 80 lbs in there or so, figured with the addition of corals and stuff it would fill it out while still giving good swimming space for fish...

7. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Here I thought people around here liked pix. Lol so much for that

8. Click Here!

9. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

I love the setup.
    Many caves and natural looking. I tried the black sand and failed miserabley so Karma for that.

If you add some Coral type life to the rock I think you will find it will balance out quite nice.

\Good Job

10. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Thanks double2mk, what happened with your black sand? howd it fail?

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Great looking aquascape. Cant wait to see it all full of corals and such. Great job on the transfer. Luna

12. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Well I bought the Natures Ocean Live sand called Black Beech I think.
    First, it was brown not black so I was disappointed from the get go. I thought i would add some standard fine Ultra black substrate, but that all clumped together and really made a mess.

Then it wouldn't settle and clear after 2 days so at that point I just got tweaked and took it apart and started over with the white/black mix. It is the same I have in my 90 Gallon Cichlid tank so I know it would look good.

live and learn

\Cheers