Lunatik's homemade refugium

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by lunatik_69, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Good job luna. When you post your youtube video just put the letters and numbers after the "=" in your post between the youtube quotes. If you want to see what I posted just hit the quote button on this post and you will see the link to your video.

2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Karma for you LUNA, looks great! Can't wait to start getting some of my stuff going, I might get to for father's day (keeping my fingers crossed!) What a great present that would be!! Nice video, I am going to start doing more, it wasn't as hard as what I had expected!

4. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Sweet! very nice, you gave me a great idea for me to make mine
    thanks and karma your way

5. evojoe67

evojoe67 Aiptasia Anemone

like your set up, luna. great improvosation.

1 person likes this.
  6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Thank you. It was either that getto looking refug or spending at least $400.00 in a better looking one. The rubbermaid container was $6 at Target, the LS was $20 for a 20lb bag, about $15 for the hardware and the only expensive thing was the lights $77 for 12" (2) 18w 7100k daylight bulbs from Coralife. For a total of $118, give or take. Luna

3 people like this.
  7. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    that looks great! nice job. i lol'd for real when you said "my whole freakin day buildin this" i can relate to that.;)

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Well, its not like Im challenged or anything, but as Im doing it, Im trying to think of everything so I dont shoot myself in the foot. I try to think of what could happen now and the future. Luna

10. matt s

matt s Flamingo Tongue

Luna I'm not questioning what you did, looks good and all, but I'm hoping you went a bit overboard on the lights - I'm hoping that because I'm doing a similar setup and was just planning on using a shoplight or a compact flourescent like you'd use in a regular light fixture. From what I understand the fuge doesn't need high dollar lighting, hopefully somebody will chime in that knows more about that.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I agree with you, but from my understanding, Mangroves need good lighting. I had them under MH for a while and didnt want to under light them, if you know what I mean. Luna

12. matt s

matt s Flamingo Tongue

Ah gotcha, I won't be using mannies so I should be good. Thanks for clarification.