Lugols experence ??

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Vancop, Apr 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

will get a then and now ...but only thing different is the new little growth

brb

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

np I'm here...watching leno :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

First is the FS from 2 months ago ...second is 2 mnutes ago ( srry Arenics are on ) and the 3rd is current Xenia which is lookin a little better then the puddle from 5 days ago .

You can see the new growth on the FS .....but the head has not changed .. maybe a very little more open in the white light.

Thanks again for your help !

I can turn the lights on real quick for a photo if it helps ??

Attached Files:

5. cuttingras

I'd say the fs is done for. you said new polyps? hmmm I'm thinking it's toast. raise it up about half way in your tank and yes do the dip on both, it won't hurt them.

more flow area too.

6. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

If you look half way down the stalk on the second pic...you can see one of them..the white spot looks like a new head ..even glows in the atenic light..the other is same size on opposite side.

7. cuttingras

yeah...I saw that. think about it like this. it's like your body, if some part of your body gets damaged or diseased, blood and nutrients speed to that part to heal it, it'll work the same way with that coral. and when it speeds to that part that is need, another part suffers, I'm wondering if the dieing parts are using what that little polyp needs....does that make sense? MAYBE cutting off the heads you know are dead and put your focus onto the the polyps coming out the side would give them a better chance of survival
    yes do both of the dips like I said earlier

does this make sense???

I'm going to have to call it a night, I just took my ambien and it's not supposed to work like this, I usually take one an hour berfore bed and it usually don;t do this to me. I'm warped right bnow thats; they only way to describe it I'm going nite nite now, sorry vancop I'll be back tomomorow.

8. Click Here!

9. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

LOL ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks for your help.....I do understand ....I will do the dips, and check the tanks when the tester arrives tomorrow. A special way to cut the heads off ???

Thanks for the help +100

And Leno does that to me also !! w/o Ambien !

10. cuttingras

geta good pair of clean, new preferably, cutters something thast will cut through bone and chomp them off no ambiem isn't making me tires, it's just the keys are moving all over the polace and the srceen too. ok I gotta go

DUDE...talk to ya tomorrow;D